The Assembly Technician will be responsible for the manufacturing, assembly and QC testing of flywheel units to meet requirements defined by engineering. Follow defined procedures and methods for performing assembly and test tasks. Provide feedback to engineering regarding product manufacturability.
- Build flywheel units and subassemblies in accordance with defined requirements in support of the production plan.
- Review process documentation and drawings for accuracy and clarity.
- Suggest improvements to tooling, fixtures, methods, and documentation to complete assembly activities efficiently and at lowest cost.
- Provide DFM feedback to engineering to reduce system cost and improve quality of flywheel systems. Assist Manufacturing Engineers in defining and improving processes with the same goals in mind.
- Monitor availability of materials and at work cell to support assembly operations. Alert supervisor of shortages.
- Contribute to implementation of safe work practices in the assembly area.
- 5 Years industry experience working in mechanical and electromechanical assembly required.
- Ability to read drawings and understand assembly documentation required.
- Experience lifting and handling large/heavy objects desired.
- Experience with basic electrical test equipment like DVM, oscilloscopes, and hipot testers desired.
- A.A. degree in mechanics or electronics desired.
- Self-starter and independent worker desired.
- Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Desire to flourish in a start-up environment.
Please send your resume to careers+manufacturing()Replace this text with the (at) symbol()amberkinetics.com
Amber Kinetics is developing a game-changing low cost grid-scale energy storage technology. We have partnerships with major utilities and strong financial backing. Our team has a broad and deep skill set encompassing multiple engineering disciplines as well as project development. We offer competitive compensation and a healthy work-life balance. Our headquarters is located in Union City, CA. Amber Kinetics is an equal opportunity employer.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary and equity package commensurate with experience
- 401k Matching Plan
- Medical, Dental and Vision