The Backend Software Engineer will develop software for control, monitoring, and orchestration of flywheel energy storage systems, with a focus on producing robust, fault-tolerant software. The engineer will be innovating on cutting-edge clean energy technology, designing and developing critical system code responsible for the coordination of a large number of distributed electro-mechanical systems with high reliability. This position will emphasize robust programming practices in testing, verification, and reliability in developing multi-threaded, asynchronous, low-latency code.
At Amber Kinetics, we value a healthy work-life balance, engineering-driven decision-making, and developer autonomy and agency. We offer and encourage opportunities for personal and technical growth, and the chance to pioneer new technologies and architectures to solve consequential problems. The company aims to develop the world-leading energy storage technology to catalyze the renewable energy revolution, and is looking for candidates that share that vision and dedication.
Required Experience and Skills
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related degree
- Strong programming experience in C# and the .Net Framework
- Strong experience in backend application development
- Strong experience in developing robust code in multi-threaded, asynchronous environments
- Ability to work collaboratively to produce high quality interdependent code
- Experience with version control software such as Git
- Experience with unit testing and systems testing
Desirable Experience and Skills
- Experience in electric power industry
- Experience with optimization and profiling
- Experience with communications protocols such as TCP/IP
- Experience with distributed systems
A good fit with our team is important – we value collaboration, enthusiasm, creativity, flexibility, tenacity, individual responsibility and attention to detail.
Amber Kinetics is developing a game-changing low cost grid-scale energy storage technology. We have partnerships with major utilities and strong financial backing. Our team has a broad and deep skill set encompassing multiple engineering disciplines as well as project development. We offer competitive compensation and equity packages, and a healthy work-life balance. Our headquarters is located in Union City, CA. Amber Kinetics is an equal opportunity employer.
software+backend()Replace this text with the (at) symbol()amberkinetics.com