The Buyer Planner will be responsible for purchasing and inventory of all materials required to build flywheel systems and in support of engineering testing and R&D programs. Under the supervision of the Director of Supply Chain, utilize and manage systems to plan and schedule orders, arrange shipment, and ensure material availability to support manufacturing operations, engineering testing and R&D programs. Primary responsibility is management of the daily flow of products into the facility in support of all operations and engineering activity.
- Plan and execute materials purchases from approved suppliers to ensure continuity of supply for manufacturing operations, keeping up with changing demand and design requirements as directed by the business plan.
- Interact directly and daily with Amber Kinetics’ suppliers and act as the primary point of contact for all supply related issues. Escalate imminent shortages, pricing issues or other short-term risks of supply to the department Director and VP when necessary.
- Issuing purchase orders within lead times for planned manufacturing, spare parts and R&D inventory requirements. Communicate with the organization to prioritize all purchase requests and approved orders.
- Manage inventory levels to support increasing production needs while considering cash flow and inventory turn levels.
- Take advantage of unit purchase price reductions. This includes bulk purchase, stocking programs with blanket orders, under the supervision of the department director.
- Identify and escalate purchase risks and potential supply interruptions to leadership.
- Manage and publish supplier delivery schedules and internal inventory logs.
- Act as the internal point person for all requested purchases and ensure proper authorization is obtained prior to issuing orders.
- Support the director of supply chain by identifying logistics and freight cost savings opportunities to optimize inbound delivery costs.
- Ensure receipt of goods are logged, tracked and submitted for matching to invoice, and that all documentation is received and filed.
- Resolve discrepancies in receipt quantity, invoices or freight billing when necessary.
- Ensure terms and conditions of purchase are attached to all transactions involving a purchase order.
- BS/BA in business management or other related degree.
- 4+ years with materials management, purchasing and planning experience in a manufacturing or related environment.
- Experience with Purchase Order and Requisition system management is required.
- Inventory systems and warehouse operations knowledge is desirable.
- Daily experience using an ERP / MRP system to manage materials and purchases required.
- Knowledge of BOM management and change management desirable.
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Desire to flourish is a start-up environment.
Please send your resume to careers+buyerplanner()Replace this text with the (at) symbol()amberkinetics.com
Amber Kinetics is developing a game-changing, low-cost, grid scale energy storage technology. We have partnerships with major utilities, and strong financial backing. Our team has a broad and deep skill set, encompassing multiple engineering disciplines, as well as project development. We offer competitive compensation, and a healthy work-life balance. Our Headquarters is in Union City, CA. Amber Kinetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary and equity package commensurate with experience
- 401k matching plan
- Medical, Dental and Vision