The Cloud Software Engineer will develop cloud software for observing, managing, and visualizing a worldwide fleet of flywheel energy storage systems. The Engineer will be architecting and developing software responsible for processing large amounts of data, managing a significant infrastructure of cloud databases and resources, and presenting data intuitively and concisely. The position will require architecting efficient and maintainable code that interacts with a variety of other software systems.
At Amber Kinetics, we value a healthy work-life balance, engineering-driven decision-making, and developer autonomy and agency. We offer and encourage opportunities for personal and technical growth, and the chance to pioneer new technologies and architectures to solve consequential problems. The company aims to develop the world-leading energy storage technology to catalyze the renewable energy revolution, and is looking for candidates that share that vision and dedication.
Required Experience and Skills
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related degree
- Strong programming experience in C#
- Experience working with relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience with managing cloud infrastructure such as Microsoft Azure
- Experience with big data, data processing, and data analysis
- Ability to work collaboratively to produce high quality interdependent code
- Experience with version control software such as Git
- Experience with unit testing, integration testing
Desirable Experience and Skills
- Experience in data visualization, including libraries such as D3.js
- Experience with data analysis programs such as Matlab, R
- Domain knowledge in the energy industry
A good fit with our team is important – we value collaboration, enthusiasm, creativity, flexibility, tenacity, individual responsibility and attention to detail.
Please send your resume to careers+cloudsw()Replace this text with the (at) symbol()amberkinetics.com
Amber Kinetics is developing a game-changing, low-cost, grid scale energy storage technology. We have partnerships with major utilities, and strong financial backing. Our team has a broad and deep skill set, encompassing multiple engineering disciplines, as well as project development. We offer competitive compensation, and a healthy work-life balance. Our Headquarters is in Union City, CA. Amber Kinetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary and equity package commensurate with experience
- 401k matching plan
- Medical, Dental and Vision