Amber Kinetics, the leading manufacturer of long discharge duration flywheel energy storage technology, is seeking a Director of Business Development to join its world class team. The Amber Kinetics system provides non-degradable 4-hour capacity and unlimited ancillary services to the wholesale and micro-grid sectors, making it the only energy storage system that can offer 24/7 utilization. This individual should be a dynamic professional with experience in grid-scale energy markets, project development, and power technology.
Location: This position will be based in Union City, CA. Other locations might be considered. Considerable domestic travel will be required.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Lead Amber Kinetics’ direct equipment sales to North American utilities, energy service providers, large power customers, aggregators, IPPs, military bases, and other power suppliers and end users.
- Support Amber Kinetics’ in-house utility-scale project development effort in siting, interconnection, and origination.
- Provide competitive expertise on technology, markets, and regulatory environments to prioritize sales opportunities. Set regional strategy for equipment sales and deployment.
- Be a key member of the Amber Kinetics team devising marketing, sales, and manufacturing strategies. Develop strategic analysis to evaluate and promote the integration of Amber’s proprietary four hour discharge duration flywheel technology for both transmission and microgrid applications.
- Establish channel partnerships with energy providers, industrial suppliers, and other companies for indirect sales to end users.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, engineering degree a plus.
- High level of working knowledge of energy storage technologies, plus technical or product experience with energy storage technology.
- Experience in project development, origination, and power markets.
- Experience growing market share of an emerging product offering is a plus.
- Competency in finance, market analysis, selling concepts, and business strategy.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, working in a customer facing capacity.
- Strong self-starter, self-reliant in market and financial analysis, standard graphics programs, and social media venues.
Amber Kinetics is an equal opportunity employer.
job()Replace this text with the (at) symbol()amberkinetics.com