Amber Kinetics is seeking an Energy Market Analyst or Associate to join as a member of the Product Management team. The ideal candidate should be a dynamic professional with rigorous quantitative modeling, financial analysis and experience in energy markets, and a can-do attitude.
Location: Amber Kinetics Union City, CA headquarters in the Bay Area.
Role and Responsibilities: This role will be the primary quantitative analytical position for modeling customer use cases and economics, comparing Amber Kinetics’ FESS to other energy storage technologies, reviewing regional and utility resource plans, monitoring regulatory proceedings on behalf of the Company and analyzing new market opportunities.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Performs complex electricity market modeling and customer use case analysis to determine Project NPV and IRR.
- Perform Market research to identify TAM, SAM and market segmentation for Energy Storage use cases.
- Maintain electricity tariffs and run energy storage models like Homer Energy and Storage-Vet.
- Modeling customer economics for Amber’s FESS, including tariff analysis and wholesale market energy, capacity and ancillary services;
- Mining utility integrated resource plans and other public data to identify regional and customer load profile cases for energy storage, market opportunities, and comparative pros/cons vs. other technologies
- Represent Amber Kinetics in regulatory and policy proceedings, analyzing the impacts of such proceedings on the Company, identifying market opportunities, and advocating Company positions;
- Rigorous quantitative education and training;
- 2-5 years experience of demonstrated analytical experience, preferably in the energy, natural resources, or project finance sectors, such as with Independent Power Producers, strategic energy companies, or investment banks;
- Strong research, analytical, critical thinking, and communications skills;
- Project finance experience (i.e. non-recourse, off-balance sheet) desirable;
- Ability to work collaboratively and to deliver high-quality projects;
- Must be highly self-motivated, results-oriented and able to work independently;
- Self-reliant, energetic, inquisitive and flexible, willing and able to juggle numerous projects simultaneously, maintain attention to detail and a team player;
- Experience with Energy Storage and renewable energy;
- High ethical and professional standards are essential.
- Computer Skills – Expertise with tools such as MS Excel and other modeling tools.
- Computer Skills – Experienced with common business computer applications including but not limited to MS Outlook, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint.
- Analytical Thinking – Approaching a problem or situation by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
About the Company
Amber Kinetics designs and manufactures kinetic energy storage systems based on advanced flywheel technology. Our product is the world’s first cost-effective, four-hour flywheel energy storage system for utility-scale applications. Our mission is to accelerate global adoption of energy storage by commercializing our advanced, cost-disruptive flywheel technology to provide a lower cost and higher performing alternative to fossil fuel generation.
We offer competitive compensation and a healthy work-life balance. Our Headquarters is in Union City, CA. Amber Kinetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Compensation and benefits
- Salary and equity package commensurate with experience
- 401k Matching
Please send your resume to careers+marketanalyst()Replace this text with the (at) symbol()amberkinetics.com