The Engineering Technician will be responsible for supporting IT and software systems for the engineering, operation, and testing of flywheel energy storage devices. The position will be responsible for management and operation of flywheel IT equipment, configuration and support of control and data collection software, and writing and maintenance of documentation. The Engineering Technician must be able to collaborate effectively with other engineers across a variety of disciplines.
At Amber Kinetics, we value a healthy work-life balance, engineering-driven decision-making, and employee autonomy and agency. We offer and encourage opportunities for personal and technical growth, and the chance to pioneer new technologies and architectures to solve consequential problems. The company aims to develop the world-leading energy storage technology to catalyze the renewable energy revolution, and is looking for candidates that share that vision and dedication.
Required Experience and Skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, and proactive approach to problem-solving
- Experience with networking equipment and concepts, experience with configuring networked devices
- Strong understanding of computers, IT, and software
- Ability to understand product datasheets, identify appropriate hardware, and design IT systems
- Ability to write clear and concise technical documentation
Desirable Experience and Skills
- Two-year or four-year degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience with C++, Python, C#, or other programming or scripting language
- Familiarity with electrical engineering concepts and practices
A good fit with our team is important – we value collaboration, enthusiasm, creativity, flexibility, tenacity, individual responsibility and attention to detail.
Please send your resume to careers+EngTech()Replace this text with the (at) symbol()amberkinetics.com
Amber Kinetics is developing a game-changing low cost grid-scale energy storage technology. We have partnerships with major utilities and strong financial backing. Our team has a broad and deep skill set encompassing multiple engineering disciplines as well as project development. We offer competitive compensation and a healthy work-life balance. Our headquarters is located in Union City, CA. Amber Kinetics is an equal opportunity employer.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary and equity package commensurate with experience
- 401k Matching Plan
- Medical, Dental and Vision