Full-time position to help create a world-class factory producing cutting-edge flywheel energy storage systems. You will work with design engineers, assemblers, machinists, and external equipment suppliers to develop production capacity from low-volume, bench-top, prototype stage into a high-volume, scalable, efficient factory. This is a role with a diversity of challenges and opportunities requiring versatility in a fast-paced, hands-on, startup work environment.
Preferred Work Experience
0-5 years as a mechanical or manufacturing engineer
Recent graduates with internship, lab, shop or other practical experience are welcome
BS or MS in mechanical or manufacturing engineering
- Define, document, and perform continuous improvement on processes and workflows for manufacturing and quality test processes
- Drive cost reduction, cut cycle times, improve quality, and provide Design for Manufacturability feedback for the design team based on hands-on build experiences and operator feedback
- Design, build, and iterate on custom manufacturing equipment including vacuum, adhesive dispensing, electronics test, heavy part manipulation, etc.
- Design, build, and iterate on 5S assembly and test cells including hand & power tools, workbenches, custom fixtures and tools, inventory/part storage and management, etc.
- Select and deploy cranes, conveyors, forklifts, and other heavy material handling equipment
- Perform operator training of assembly and quality test processes
- Analyze quality and production data to identify important process control points and bottlenecks then develop and implement corrective actions and improvements
- Perform safety analysis, improvement, and training company-wide
- Create and improve traceability and build documentation
Solidworks, MS Office with particular strength in Word and Excel, Hands-on mechanical assembly and build experience with power tools, basic hands-on electrical assembly experience, and rapid technical problem-solving experience under pressure
Allen-Bradley Programming Languages (RSLogix, RSLinx), CNC Programming experience, Project Management experience, Hands-on build experience with machine shop tools, Welding experience, Lean manufacturing principles/5S, experience providing training to others, and/or experience in a production machine shop,
Amber Kinetics is developing a game-changing low-cost, grid-scale energy storage technology. We have partnerships with major utilities and strong financial backing. Our team has a broad and deep skill set encompassing multiple engineering disciplines as well as project development. We offer competitive compensation and a healthy work-life balance.
The company was founded in anticipation of the enormous worldwide demand for competitively priced, safe, environmentally sustainable, multi-hour energy storage. Our value proposition for utilities was validated in November 2015 when we were awarded a 20 MW (80 MWh) Energy Storage Agreement with PG&E. We are now doing business in the Philippines, are in discussions for projects with the U.S. military, and are responding to inquiries from around the globe.
The work environment is fast paced but supportive. We value results more than structure, and encourage innovation and new ideas. Amber Kinetics is an equal opportunity employer.
jobs()Replace this text with the (at) symbol()amberkinetics.com