Manufacturing Engineer will help create a world-class factory producing cutting-edge flywheel energy storage systems. You will work with design engineers, assemblers, machinists, and external equipment suppliers to develop production capacity from low-volume, bench-top, prototype stage into a high-volume, scalable, efficient factory. This is a role with a diversity of challenges and opportunities requiring versatility in a fast-paced, hands-on, startup work environment.
- Define, document, and perform continuous improvement on processes and workflows for manufacturing and quality test processes
- Drive cost reduction, cut cycle times, improve quality, and provide Design for Manufacturability feedback for the design team based on hands-on build experiences and operator feedback
- Design, build, and iterate on custom manufacturing equipment including vacuum, adhesive dispensing, electronics test, heavy part manipulation, etc.
- Design, build, and iterate on 5S assembly and test cells including hand & power tools, workbenches, custom fixtures and tools, inventory/part storage and management, etc.
- Select and deploy cranes, conveyors, forklifts, and other heavy material handling equipment
- Perform operator training of assembly and quality test processes
- Analyze quality and production data to identify important process control points and bottlenecks then develop and implement corrective actions and improvements
- Perform safety analysis, improvement, and training company-wide
- Create and improve traceability and build documentation
- 1 -3 years as a mechanical or manufacturing engineer.
- BS or MS in mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Solidworks, MS Office with particular strength in Word and Excel, Hands-on mechanical assembly and build experience with power tools, basic hands-on electrical assembly experience, and rapid technical problem-solving experience under pressure
- Allen-Bradley Programming Languages (RSLogix, RSLinx), CNC Programming experience, Project Management experience, Hands-on build experience with machine shop tools, Welding experience, Lean manufacturing principles/5S, experience providing training to others, and/or experience in a production machine shop
Amber Kinetics designs and manufactures kinetic energy storage systems based on advanced flywheel technology. Our product is the world’s first cost-effective, four-hour flywheel energy storage system for utility-scale applications. Our mission is to accelerate global adoption of energy storage by commercializing our advanced, cost-disruptive flywheel technology to provide a lower cost and higher performing alternative to fossil fuel generation.
We offer competitive compensation and equity packages, and a healthy work-life balance. Our headquarters is located in Union City, CA. Amber Kinetics is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send your resume to careers+manufacturing()Replace this text with the (at) symbol()amberkinetics.com
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary and equity package commensurate with experience
- 401k Matching Plan
- Medical, Dental and Vision