Amber Kinetics is seeking a Market/Financial Analyst or Associate to join as a core member of the Business Development team. The ideal candidate should be a dynamic professional with rigorous quantitative training, experience in energy markets, and a can-do attitude.
Location: This position will be in the Amber Kinetics Union City, CA headquarters in the Bay Area.
Role and Responsibilities:
This role will be the primary quantitative analytical position for modeling customer use cases and economics, comparing Amber Kinetics’ FESS to other energy storage technologies, reviewing regional and utility resource plans, monitoring regulatory proceedings on behalf of the Company, and analyzing new market opportunities.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Modeling customer economics for Amber’s FESS, including tariff analysis and wholesale market energy, capacity and ancillary services;
- Preparing bid responses to utility and large industrial/commercial customers;
- Modeling the Levelized Cost of Ownership of Amber Kinetics’ storage characteristics of zero degradation, unrestricted cycling, and $0 Variable O&M against battery operations and economics;
- Mining utility integrated resource plans and other public data to identify regional and customer load profile cases for energy storage, market opportunities, and comparative pros/cons vs. other technologies
- Represent Amber Kinetics in regulatory and policy proceedings, analyzing the impacts of such proceedings on the Company, identifying market opportunities, and advocating Company positions;
- Analyzing and modeling new market segments for the Amber Kinetics FESS, such as energy storage for EV charging, telecom, and the CA Self-Generation Incentive Program (SGIP)
- Rigorous quantitative education and training;
- 2-5 years experience of demonstrated analytical experience, preferably in the energy, natural resources, or project finance sectors, such as with Independent Power Producers, strategic energy companies, or investment banks;
- Strong research, analytical, critical thinking and communications skills;
- Project finance experience (i.e. non-recourse, off balance sheet) desirable;
- Self-reliant, energetic, inquisitive and flexible, willing and able to juggle numerous projects simultaneously, maintain attention to detail and function well as a member of a team;
- High ethical and professional standards are essential.
Start date: Immediate
Compensation: Amber Kinetics offers a highly competitive package of compensation and benefits.
About the Company
Amber Kinetics is a clean energy technology provider with a long-duration flywheel energy storage system. The Amber Kinetics system provides non-degradable 4-hour capacity, unlimited daily cycling, and ancillary services to the wholesale and microgrid sectors, making it the only modular energy storage system that can offer 24/7 utilization. This individual should be a dynamic professional with rigorous quantitative training, experience in energy markets, and a can-do attitude. Amber Kinetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send your resume to careers()Replace this text with the (at) symbol()amberkinetics.com