Amber Kinetics is looking for a mechanical engineer to assist with the engineering design and development of flywheel energy storage systems. The candidate must have mechanical design experience, preferably with rotating machinery or complex mechanical systems, and possess a basic knowledge of manufacturing techniques and processes. The ideal candidate must be able to work as part of a motivated team in a dynamic, start-up environment.
Main responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Design and drawing of flywheel components using Solidworks CAD
• Engineering calculation and problem solving
• Providing engineering data and analysis to justify design decisions
• Testing and evaluation of first-article and prototype parts and assemblies
• Collaborate with engineering, manufacturing and supply chain teams to drive down cost
• Generate ECO’s in the change system and ensure sign-off in a timely manner
• Create and modify design specifications or procedures
• Provide hands-on assistance as required, such as flywheel assembly, test site installation, troubleshooting, fault diagnosis and corrective action of units.
Required skills and experience
• B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, or related field and 3+ years experience
• Experience in design and development of rotating machinery or complex systems
• Experience designing machined, forged and cast steel parts
• Experience with Solidworks or similar CAD tools to produce 3D models and drawings
• Ability to solve engineering problems with creative, and effective solutions
• Demonstrable experience with engineering simulation, calculation, and decision making
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Knowledge of basic manufacturing techniques and process
• Hands-on mechanical experience
Additional Skills and Experience
• Experience and knowledge of the renewable energy sector
• Experience with vacuum systems
• Detailed knowledge of fabrication, casting, forging, plastic molding techniques, etc.
• Finite Element Analysis
A good fit with our team is essential – We value collaboration, enthusiasm, creativity, flexibility, tenacity, individual responsibility, and attention to detail.
Amber Kinetics is developing a game-changing, low-cost, grid scale energy storage technology. We have partnerships with major utilities, and strong financial backing. Our team has a broad and deep skill set, encompassing multiple engineering disciplines, as well as project development. We offer competitive compensation, and a healthy work-life balance. Our headquarters is in Union City, CA. Amber Kinetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact jobs()Replace this text with the (at) symbol()amberkinetics.com