Amber Kinetics is looking for an experienced Sales Engineer to work closely with customers at the product concept and design level to ensure that customers have the necessary information to facilitate design-in for site installations. The Sales Engineer will participate in the full project life cycle, from assessing customer requirements and site conditions, to installation and commissioning of systems, to ongoing service and support. The ideal candidate will get to know the customers well and spend the majority of their time in pre-sales as customers work with you as their technical point of contact throughout the sales cycle. The position requires a broad skill set of both technical and soft skills. Although reporting to the Head of Sales and Marketing, the Sales Engineer will collaborate with engineering, manufacturing and business development personnel. The position is customer-facing, and requires frequent travel.
Required Experience and Skills
- B.S. in Engineering or related field and at least 5 years industry experience in power or renewable energy equipment
- Knowledgeable in principles of electrical power systems: 3-phase voltages and currents, real and reactive power, phasor analysis
- Experience working with power electronics, especially DC-AC inverters in energy storage, PV or motor drive applications
- Experience with SCADA systems, hardware and software integration
- Working knowledge of mechanical engineering principles including statics, dynamics and thermal effects
- Experience in a customer-facing role: must have excellent communication skills, must be highly organized and responsive
- Excellent communication and presentation skills are required due to high customer interaction, via phone, E-mail and direct contact
- Requires domestic and international travel (up to 50% time)
Desirable Experience and Skills
- Experience with any of the following technologies:
- Rotating machinery
- Wind power
A good fit with our team is important – we value collaboration, enthusiasm, creativity, flexibility, tenacity, individual responsibility and attention to detail.
Please send your resume to careers()Replace this text with the (at) symbol()amberkinetics.com
Amber Kinetics is developing a game-changing low cost grid-scale energy storage technology. We have partnerships with major utilities and strong financial backing. Our team has a broad and deep skill set encompassing multiple engineering disciplines as well as project development. We offer competitive compensation and equity packages, and a healthy work-life balance. Our headquarters is located in Union City, CA. Amber Kinetics is an equal opportunity employer.