Amber Kinetics, the leading manufacturer of long discharge duration flywheel energy storage technology, is seeking a Senior Business Development Manager to join its world class team. The Amber Kinetics system provides non-degradable 4-hour capacity and unlimited ancillary services to the wholesale and micro-grid sectors. This individual should be a dynamic professional who is looking for a rewarding future in one of today’s most exciting technologies.
Location: This position will be based in Union City, CA and will report to the Vice President, Business Development. Moderate domestic travel will be required.
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist with Amber Kinetics’ in-house direct equipment sales to North American utilities, energy service providers, large power customers, aggregators, IPPs, military bases, and other power suppliers and end users. Support international sales efforts as needed.
- Provide competitive expertise on technology, markets, and regulatory environments to prioritize sales opportunities. Assist with the development of regional strategy for Amber Kinetics equipment sales and deployment.
- Be a key member of the Amber Kinetics team devising marketing and sales strategies. Develop strategic analysis to evaluate and promote the integration of Amber’s proprietary four hour discharge duration flywheel technology for both transmission and microgrid applications.
- Assist with the establishment of channel partnerships with energy providers, EPC providers, industrial suppliers, and other companies for indirect sales to end users.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, engineering degree or equivalent and/or MBA preferred.
- Working knowledge of energy storage technologies is required; technical or product experience with energy storage technology is preferred.
- Experience growing market share of an emerging product offering is a plus.
- Competency in finance, market analysis, selling concepts, and business strategy is necessary.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills are required, with a preference for individuals who have worked in a customer facing capacity.
- Strong self-starter, self-reliant in market and financial analysis, standard graphics programs, and social media venues, who is a team player and can work independently in a dynamic environment
Please send your resume to careers+busdev()Replace this text with the (at) symbol()amberkinetics.com
About Amber Kinetics
Amber Kinetics, Inc. was founded in anticipation of the enormous worldwide demand for competitively priced, safe, environmentally sustainable, multi-hour energy storage. Our mission is to accelerate global adoption of energy storage by commercializing our advanced, cost-disruptive flywheel technology to provide a lower cost at higher performing alternative to fossil fuel generation. We offer competitive compensation, and a healthy work-life balance. Our Headquarters is in Union City, CA. Amber Kinetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary and equity package commensurate with experience
- 401k matching plan
- Medical, Dental and Vision