The Senior HR Manager will be responsible for overseeing and implementing all aspects of the human resources function for a rapidly growing early stage energy storage technology company. This includes among other areas a focus on human resources management, benefits administration (with TriNet), recruiting, onboarding, career development and compliance. This is the first, dedicated full-time position in the HR area, is located at our Union City, CA headquarters, and reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and implement HR processes, procedures, systems and documentation (recruiting, onboarding, career development).
- Partner with hiring managers to determine staffing needs, assist in developing job descriptions; create, post and manage all job openings; screen resumes; set up interviews; prepare and negotiate job offers.
- Conduct onboarding for new employees.
- Work with senior management to develop and implement a performance management system.
- Manage and resolve any employee relations issues.
- Ensure company compliance with local, state and federal regulations and laws.
- Minimum 8-10 years of HR generalist management experience in mid-to large size corporations.
- Experience managing a small [future] support staff.
- Experience working in early stage start-up companies a plus.
Amber Kinetics is developing a game-changing low-cost, grid-scale energy storage technology. We have partnerships with major utilities and strong financial backing. Our team has a broad and deep skill set encompassing multiple engineering disciplines as well as project development. We offer competitive compensation and a healthy work-life balance.
The company was founded in anticipation of the enormous worldwide demand for competitively priced, safe, environmentally sustainable, multi-hour energy storage. Our value proposition for utilities was validated in November 2015 when we were awarded a 20 MW (80 MWh) Energy Storage Agreement with PG&E. We are now doing business in the Philippines, are in discussions for projects with the U.S. military, and are responding to inquiries from around the globe.
The work environment is fast paced but supportive. We value results more than structure, and encourage innovation and new ideas. Amber Kinetics is an equal opportunity employer.
jobs()Replace this text with the (at) symbol()amberkinetics.com