Amber Kinetics is looking for a talented engineer to help conduct efforts in the development of our flywheel energy storage systems. This role involves expanding Amber Kinetics’ on-site and off-site component test capabilities and collaborating with all engineering teams to design tests to yield useful data, create or obtain necessary test equipment, and troubleshoot problems. It requires a candidate who is well-versed in reliability testing and instrumentation and has a strong educational background in physical sciences. Work experience developing new clean energy products is highly valued. Work at off-site test facilities will also be necessary.
Required Experience and Skills
- B.S. in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace) or Physics or related degree.
- 5+ years’ experience in testing and development environment, with proven track record of solving complex technical problems using test data.
- Experience with data acquisition (hardware, instrumentation).
- Test design experience in a technical field.
- Quantitative data analysis skills including model validation, regression, plotting and visualization, data quality assessment.
- Strong communication skills (written, graphical, and presentation). Able to present complex technical ideas clearly to technical and non-technical personnel, with support from test data.
- Organized and able to manage and prioritize a variety of tasks on a daily basis.
Desirable Experience and Skills
- M.S., Ph.D. in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace) or Physics or related degree.
- Extensive experience in reliability testing
- Proficiency in Matlab
- Extensive knowledge in one of the following areas: machine design, induction motors, energy storage, power electronics, product development, electrical test processes and equipment
- Design of Experiments experience or demonstrated ability to optimize testing to efficiently cover parameter space
Amber Kinetics is a growing development environment and successful employees here are those that are excited to adapt to changing roles and quickly learn new skills. Our team values proactive communication, enthusiasm for the flywheel product, and a collaborative approach to learning from and supporting other engineers at the company.
Please send your resume to careers+validation()Replace this text with the (at) symbol()amberkinetics.com
Amber Kinetics is developing a game-changing low cost grid-scale energy storage technology. We have partnerships with major utilities and strong financial backing. Our team has a broad and deep skill set encompassing multiple engineering disciplines as well as project development. We offer competitive compensation and a healthy work-life balance. Our headquarters is located in Union City, CA. Amber Kinetics is an equal opportunity employer.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary and equity package commensurate with experience
- 401k Matching Plan
- Medical, Dental and Vision