Amber Kinetics is looking for a talented engineer to help conduct component-level testing efforts in the development of our flywheel energy storage systems. The ideal candidate has a strong R&D background in the renewable energy sector and is well-versed in the arts of data acquisition hardware, instrumentation, signal processing, and data analysis. The Validation Engineer will be responsible for planning, setup, operation, post-processing, analysis, and reporting for a variety of system and component-level tests in support of the flywheel development. Experience taking a design from prototype to large-scale manufacturing is a big plus.
Required Experience and Skills
- B.S. in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Systems, Aerospace) or Physics or related degree.
- 3+ years’ experience in testing and development environment, with proven track record of solving complex technical problems.
- Experience with data acquisition (hardware, electronics, instrumentation, signal processing, etc.).
- Strong programming skills for data processing, analysis, and visualization.
- The ability to extract relevant and meaningful information from test data for feedback into a development process.
- Strong communication skills (written, graphical, and presentation). In particular, the ability to present complex technical ideas clearly, with support from test data.
Desirable Experience and Skills
- Extensive knowledge in any of the following areas is a plus; mechanical design, induction motors and drives, rotor dynamics, vibration analysis, databases/data-mining, accelerated life testing.
- Demonstrated ability to optimize testing processes for efficiency, with a focus on providing reliable feedback in a timely manner.
- Experience with version control
A good fit with our team is important – we value collaboration, enthusiasm, creativity, flexibility, tenacity, individual responsibility, and attention to detail.
Amber Kinetics is developing a game-changing low-cost grid-scale energy storage technology. We have partnerships with major utilities and strong financial backing. Our team has a broad and deep skill set encompassing multiple engineering disciplines as well as project development. We offer competitive compensation and a healthy work-life balance. Our headquarters is located in Union City, CA. Amber Kinetics is an equal opportunity employer.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary and equity package commensurate with experience
validation()Replace this text with the (at) symbol()amberkinetics.com