Amber Kinetics is looking for a talented Senior Engineer to assist in the development of electrical and electro-mechanical designs for our flywheel energy storage systems. The candidate should have experience with high voltage equipment, renewable energy, power electronics, performance characterization, and electromechanical designs. The candidate participates in the full lifecycle of design, development, testing and field support of power conversion, control, and instrumentation hardware for flywheel systems.
Required Experience and Skills
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering
- 5 or more years of electrical design experience
- PCB design
- Thermal management techniques
- Experience using oscilloscopes, multimeters, and other tools
Desirable Experience and Skills
- Familiarity with 3D CAD software
- Familiarity with microcontrollers and embedded control systems
- Proficiency with Altium design tools
- Manufacturing ramp experience
- Knowledge of UL and other agency approval requirements
- Experience with HALT/HASS testing, reliability engineering
Personal Qualities – A good fit for our team is important – we value collaboration, enthusiasm, creativity, flexibility, tenacity, individual responsibility and attention to detail.
Please send your resume to careers+ee()Replace this text with the (at) symbol()amberkinetics.com
Amber Kinetics is developing a game-changing, low-cost, grid-scale energy storage technology. We have partnerships with major utilities and strong financial backing. Our team has a broad and deep skill set, encompassing multiple engineering disciplines, as well as project development.
We offer competitive compensation and a healthy work-life balance. Our Headquarters is in Union City, CA. Amber Kinetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary and equity package commensurate with experience
- 401k matching plan
- Medical, Dental and Vision