Amber Kinetics is looking for an experienced Field Application Engineer to take on the challenge of executing customer projects with our flywheel energy storage systems. This individual will be the technical lead for all phases of customer projects, from pre-contract studies thru system commissioning. Will work closely with customers, contractors, suppliers and internal resources. Will complement the role of the Amber Kinetics Project Manager assigned to the project. The position requires both hardware and software skills. Experience specifying, installing and operating grid-connected inverters in the range of 10 kW to 1 MW is highly desirable.
- Work with Sales, visit customer sites, evaluate technical feasibility, support project vetting
- Provide technical support for contract discussions and customer design questions
- Review project plans and drawings
- Oversee site build, install and commissioning working with Project Manager, Field Technician, and contractors
- Oversee technical details of material handling and installation logistics
- Troubleshoot installation and commissioning issues, provide final sign-off on commissioning
- Train customer staff
- Periodically review project performance, provide feedback on operations to customer
Required Experience and Skills
- B.S. in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related field
- At least 5 years hands-on industry experience with grid-connected inverters in PV, wind or energy storage applications.
- Knowledge of power electronics and power systems
- Experience with Modbus, DNP3, and/or other communication protocols
- Familiar 480 Vac 3 phase and/or 800Vdc and with circuit protection devices and applications
- Field install experience
Desirable Experience and Skills
- Experience with microgrid and/or off-grid applications
- Experience in a customer-facing role
- Experience working in construction environments
Travel required: Up to 50%
Please send your resume to careers+FAE()Replace this text with the (at) symbol()amberkinetics.com
About the Company – Amber Kinetics designs and manufactures kinetic energy storage systems based on advanced flywheel technology. Our product is the world’s first cost-effective, four-hour flywheel energy storage system for utility-scale applications. Our mission is to accelerate global adoption of energy storage by commercializing our advanced, cost-disruptive flywheel technology to provide a lower cost and higher performing alternative to fossil fuel generation.
We offer competitive compensation and a healthy work-life balance. Our Headquarters is in Union City, CA. Amber Kinetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary and equity package commensurate with experience
- 401k matching plan
- Medical, Dental and Vision