Amber Kinetics is looking for a Mechanical Engineer to contribute to the engineering design and development of Amber Kinetics flywheel energy storage systems. The candidate must have proven mechanical design experience, preferably with rotating machinery or complex mechanical systems, and possess a basic knowledge of manufacturing and assembly techniques and processes with demonstrable hands-on experience. The ideal candidate must be able to work to a schedule as part of a motivated team in a dynamic, start-up environment, and be willing to accept responsibility for their individual project timing and results.
Main responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Design and drawing of flywheel components using Solidworks CAD
- Engineering calculation and problem solving
- Gathering of engineering data to determine design decisions, including designing and conducting tests or experiments
- Work cross-functionally to effect, prototype, and validate design changes
- Generate ECO’s in the change system and ensure sign-off in a timely manner
- Create and modify design specifications, procedures, and documentation
- Provide hands-on assistance as required, such as flywheel assembly, test site installation, troubleshooting, fault diagnosis and corrective action of units.
- Maintain individual project schedule and meet designated milestones
Minimum Required Skills and Experience
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, or related qualification / experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in design and development of rotating machinery or mechanical systems
- Familiarity with fits, finishes, and a working knowledge of engineering materials
- Experience with CAD to produce 3D models, and 2D drawings to ANSI standards
- Proven ability to solve engineering problems with creative, and effective solutions
- Demonstrable experience with engineering simulation, calculation, and decision making
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of basic manufacturing techniques and processes
Additional Skills and Experience
- Experience or knowledge of the renewable energy sector
- Experience with vacuum systems
- Detailed knowledge of fabrication, casting, forging, plastic molding techniques, etc.
- Finite Element Analysis
- Experience with Solidworks would be desirable
- Hands-on mechanical experience is a definite benefit
A good fit with our team is essential – We value collaboration, enthusiasm, creativity, flexibility, tenacity, individual responsibility, and attention to detail.
Please send your resume to careers+mechanical()Replace this text with the (at) symbol()amberkinetics.com
Amber Kinetics designs and manufactures kinetic energy storage systems based on advanced flywheel technology. Our product is the world’s first cost-effective, four-hour flywheel energy storage system for utility-scale applications. Our mission is to accelerate global adoption of energy storage by commercializing our advanced, cost-disruptive flywheel technology to provide a lower cost and higher performing alternative to fossil fuel generation.
We offer competitive compensation, and a healthy work-life balance. Our Headquarters is in Union City, CA. Amber Kinetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary and equity package commensurate with experience
- 401k Matching