Amber Kinetics is looking for a Project Manager to take on the challenge of executing customer projects with our flywheel energy storage systems. The individual will provide leadership for all aspects of system installation, from pre-contract studies thru system commissioning. Will work closely with customers, contractors, suppliers and internal resources. Will complement the role of the Amber Kinetics Field Application Engineer assigned to the project. The ideal candidate will be flexible and proactive to accommodate a dynamic environment.
- Work with Sales and provide support on schedule and resource estimates, support project vetting
- Take overall ownership of project execution, organize regular planning meetings
- Monitor manufacturing and supply chain progress, organize last-mile logistics
- In charge of the schedule, resources, logistics, coordination with the customer and 3rd parties during installation and commissioning
- Schedule training with customer
- Manage handoff to the ongoing operations team
- Report progress to stakeholders and management
- Compile project documentation
Required Experience and Skills
- B.S. in a technical field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing projects
- Competence using scheduling and planning tools (e.g. Project, Clarizen, Wrike)
- Experience managing construction
- Experience in a customer-facing role
- Competence proactively implementing new policies and procedures in a dynamic environment
Desirable Experience and Skills
- Experience managing the install of PV, wind or energy storage systems.
- Experience in Utility environments.
Up to 50% travel time is required.
Please send your resume to careers+PM()Replace this text with the (at) symbol()amberkinetics.com
About the Company: Amber Kinetics designs and manufactures kinetic energy storage systems based on advanced flywheel technology. Our product is the world’s first cost-effective, four-hour flywheel energy storage system for utility-scale applications. Our mission is to accelerate global adoption of energy storage by commercializing our advanced, cost-disruptive flywheel technology to provide a lower cost and higher performing alternative to fossil fuel generation.
We offer competitive compensation and a healthy work-life balance. Our Headquarters is in Union City, CA. Amber Kinetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary and equity package commensurate with experience
- 401k matching plan
- Medical, Dental and Vision