Amber Kinetics is looking for an experienced engineer to take on the challenge of integrating our flywheel systems with third-party grid inverters. The position requires both hardware and software skills, and may also involve managing relationships with outside contractors. The ideal candidate has hands-on experience specifying, installing and operating grid-connected inverters in the range of 10 kW to 1 MW, and is familiar with the topologies, communication protocols, U.S. and international certification requirements, and applications scenarios of such inverters.
Required Experience and Skills
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or related field and at least 5 years hands-on industry experience with grid-connected inverters in PV, wind or energy storage applications.
- Detailed knowledge of power electronics and power systems
- Experience with Modbus, DNP3, and/or other communication protocols
- Detailed knowledge of 3-phase transformers
- Familiar with circuit protection devices and applications
- Must have hands-on experience working with 480 Vac and/or 800 Vdc or higher
Desirable Experience and Skills
- M.S. or Ph.D. degree
- Experience with microgrid and/or off-grid applications
- Experience in a customer-facing role
A good fit with our team is important – we value collaboration, enthusiasm, creativity, flexibility, tenacity, individual responsibility and attention to detail.
Please send your resume to careers+sysintegration()Replace this text with the (at) symbol()amberkinetics.com
Amber Kinetics is developing a game-changing low cost grid-scale energy storage technology. We have partnerships with major utilities and strong financial backing. Our team has a broad and deep skill set encompassing multiple engineering disciplines as well as project development. We offer competitive compensation and equity packages, and a healthy work-life balance. Our headquarters is located in Union City, CA. Amber Kinetics is an equal opportunity employer.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary and equity package commensurate with experience
- 401k Matching Plan
- Medical, Dental and Vision